Stance on weed

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

ILOVEGOD

Stance on weed

Post by ILOVEGOD » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:31 pm

I am a born-again Christian but have found myself smoking marijuana sometimes.
Just wondering what He would say about that. It is natural, comes from His earth. Will I go to Hell and be a child of the Devil if I continue this act?

demoncasterouter
Moderator Staff

Post by demoncasterouter » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 pm

After being filled with The Holy Ghost, this high will lead you to understand that you do not need the false "high" that marijuana brings. :wave:
"And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." THIS is what I was born to do.

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:09 pm

I just want to add here one thing I like to say about marijuana: The poppy is also a flower. It is a most beautiful flower but it is the seed of the poppy that heroine is made from. It grows naturally and is beautiful to look at. The coca plant is another plant that grows naturally, that God put on this earth, but look at the uses it has been made into and look at the damage to mankind that has resulted.

To me "weed" is the most insidious of all of the street drugs and the reason why is because it seems harmless. I used to smoke pot and I also believed as you do and, in fact, am guilty of saying the exact same thing. I have been clean now for about 10 years and I am still very close with some folks who still smoke it. I can say that now that my mind is completely clear I can see how this seemingly harmless drug has enslaved the folks who smoke it. It hems up the mind and it also keeps people from growing in certain areas. It is psychologically addictive. I have seen people who smoke and run out of weed act really horrible because they are not high. It causes people who get high to mistreat and emotionally hurt the people around them. And they are not able to see how they hurt others.

People who get high on weed are enslaved to a demon same as people who get high on other drugs and alcohol.

Like Demoncasterouter, I learned that being high on Jesus is the best high there is, and it is permanent. It actually puts you in that place that being high on pot tries to imitate. Try it. You will like it!

In His Love,
Godschild
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Daughter

Post by Daughter » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:18 pm

"Weeds" were created by God? That fact right there is higly debatable!

Weeds did not appear in His original creation -- Eden. In fact.....they exist only due to the CURSE. When the curse appeared, due to the fact that the blessing was taken away from Adam and Eve.....only THEN did we have Weeds!
Perhaps this is why there are a lot of other "naturally occuring substances" in the world including arsenic and other poisons

Just something to think about..............

:-D
A Daughter of the King

" .....Therefore He does much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, according to HIS POWER working in US!"
Ephesians 3:20
:)

Pastor D

Post by Pastor D » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:31 am

Pot is illegal, therefore wrong.
Another thing is that it clouds your mind and causes you to have slow reaction time.
Drinking alcohol isn't illegal but it does the same thing. It makes you feel immortal and you feel you cna do anything.
I want to share a quick story with you.
A few years ago I worked in a funeral home. Late one night I got a call to respond to a auto accident along with two outher teams from our company. We arrived I saw a mangled minivan and a red car. In the minivan was a family on their way back home from California. A drunk driver entered the highway on the exit ramp and crashed head on into the van killing3 children and an adult female. Two survivors were transfered to the hospital.
At the funeral after the service concluded the father said to me "Now comes another hard part." When I asked him he told me that the mother, who was in a coma until that morning, didn't know the accident killed not only her children, but her sister and niece.
The driver of the other car was a retired firefighter and only received 15 years in prison.
I helped clean and dress those precious children and honorable drove the hearse for two of them.
I'm sure the firefighter thought he wasn't hurting anyoneby drinking. I would love for him to have the opportunity to say that to the parents who were left behind to bury their children. By the way the youngest was 8 months old and thrown fro the vehicle.
So next time you decide to light up. Remember those children, because I will never forget them.
Pastor Darren & Cassie
Crimson Flow Ministries

DoorTwelve
Moderator Staff

Post by DoorTwelve » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Smoking Ganja,Weed,Wacky Tabacky,Refer,Hemp,laced or unlaced!

Actually their is a raging battle going on for the hearts and minds of Christians everywhere. Take your name for instance "I Love God"
that is an interesting choice,but it means by God's very standards that you obey Him, He says in His word "If you love me you will keep my commandments!"
So God is in His word equating the very use of the word "love" just like in your name as obedience!
OBEDIENCE: not only implies doing what is right it implies complete surrender ,and submission to God.
This actually means that everything past what God has not expressely
taken it upon Himself to tell us is ok for us to do is not ok with Him. Period!
So if you believe your body belongs to you....
Actually it doesn't ...................and this is where we make the mistake!

It belongs to God,let me say that again your body is the temple of the living God and your very body that temple and your soul belong to Him,He is soveriegn, yet you make decisions over your plans for submission of that body daily. Say for instance I bought a new house and new furniture and asked you to watch it while I was on vacation!
Now let's say you bring over thirty pounds of pot and smoke away in every room in my house including the wife and I's bedroom. Let's also
say that the residue from your pipes being smoked tainted the walls of our house. Is this ok with us? Now if there were even a remote chance that we would take offense to this and you claimed you loved us and you were named after us,would you do this?? Remember that you don't own our house
and that we never said it was ok,the residue or soot from changing or altering the natural chemical make-up of Marijuana with fire now lines our walls,not to mention the fact that you possibly could be defying us,with no concern for the very fact. Now I am going to tell you something Holy Spirit resides within us and He doesn't smoke pot in fact God asks us to take every thought captive to Christ and while your smoking pot there ain't much being taken captive in fact your altering your very perception of reality (which by the way is the very action of most things demonic)and lining your lungs with smoke. ALtering the very receptors and pain centers of your body. Now this is not submission(love) because you have taken it upon yourself to abuse the very temple of God, in fact it is rebellion (witchcraft),and
this is serious and you take what is God's defile it and say you love Him.
Now I am being a bit abrasive because we need to be a bit more serious about God and not try to play the it's natural card,they did that in the sixties and after the smoke cleared and the flower children went home
people grew up! I smoked myself but I will say this there is no position in my life right now where I would have the "brass tax" to offer Holy Spirit a joint! Now if there is any offense to my post I am sorry you should take this as correction or information as it is meant. Nevertheless,I will close this thread if it becomes a problem!
I realize many of us know people who do this
and still do and it is quite popular among probably even alot of Christians
but the reason for my strong response is because you asked!
I have nothing against those who smoke pot,nothing,but I just don't want a person
giving anyone else the impression smoking weed is, or might be acceptable to God!
Certainly not young impressionable Christians ,this stuff actually destroys lives in my belief.
In the Old Testament if you entered the Holy of Holies defiled in any way you were brought down! Dragged out with a rope that is how Holy God is
and we need to understand that we are caretakers of this temple not owners and when we realize this we grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Doortwelve!

P.S. This does not mean you are going to hell but it does mean that there are some areas for growth and of your understanding of what love is to God and that is surrender!
In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."(Isaiah 25:6-9)