CONCERNED

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Godschild

CONCERNED

Post by Godschild » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:01 pm

I have become concerned of late that people are exalting deliverance ministry over the Word of God. And very well-meaning, knowledgeable people are pointing to deliverance as the answer when the answer is found first in the Word of God. People who are bound and in need of deliverance are running for the deliverance ministers but they do not have a foundation in the Word of God and so they do not experience complete deliverances and/or they are wondering why their deliverance does not seem to be permanent. The reason for this is quite simple. Jesus said “You shall know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.” The “Truth” is the Word of God. It is the Word of God that sets you free. The Scriptures say that we are called to be kings and priests. However, God also says this in Hosea 4:6 “My people are being destroyed because they don’t know Me. Because you priests refuse to know Me, I reject you as my priests.” (New Living Translation) The NKJV and the NIV Translations put it this way: “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you…” OUCH! That is pretty harsh. But the truth of the matter is that current polls show that only 16% of Christians read their Bibles on a daily basis. That means that a full 84% of Christians are not reading their Bibles on a daily basis, and 41% of professing Christians do not read their Bibles at all.

My question is this: How can anyone expect complete deliverance if you are not reading your Bibles? How can anyone expect to maintain their deliverance if you are not reading your Bibles ~if you do not know what the Word of God says? You do not get delivered from things that you yourself have control over. God’s Word says that we are to be self-controlled. This implies that we absolutely must exercise control ~ourselves~ over our own thoughts, actions, words, etc. It is up to us to put our flesh under each and every day –crucify our flesh daily. It is not up to any minister of deliverance to do this for us. Yes we have an enemy and his name is Satan. He has demons that he sends out on assignment against us. But we have authority over Satan and his demons. If you read your Bible you would know this and you would learn how to overcome him. We cannot willfully sin and expect to not have to deal with the wages of that sin. We cannot willfully sin and then expect deliverance from the demons that we willfully open the door to over and over again. Now this may seem a searing indictment on some, but the truth of the matter is that we all need to know the Truth. It is the only thing that will truly set us free

In His Love,
Godschild
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST
Moderator Staff

Post by BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Well said Godschild. What I would like to add is that in some cases the person is severely demononized that they are not able to read the word of God until they receive some ministry. We need God’s word when ministering deliverance, God’s word is a powerful sword in this ministry. God's word contains the answers we need in our life, and our helper the Holy Spirit guides us with each step we take in faith.

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:34 pm

It is written that faith cometh by hearing. When folks are so badly demonized that they cannot read the Bible (and this I do understand) then there is always the Bible on CD that folks can listen to.

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing...

Godschild
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Babygurl

Post by Babygurl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:15 pm

You do bring up a very good point Godschild. It is important for people to daily and know the Word of God. That's our life source, and handbook for Christians. It won't help if those who are seeking deliverance don't believe or Trust what's in God's Word. I do think that those who are severely demonized that they can't even read the Word might need deliverance from the demons that are harassing them. Also those who receive some form of deliverance could experience how good it is and will probably encourage them to get more in the Word to maintain their freedom.
Another thing maybe even though they are hearing the Word of God it's not sinking deep in their being as it's supposed to. Like the parable of the Sower. Many hear the Word a lot, can quote it and everything but it's more than just hearing the Word; it has to sink in and produce fruit. For those who hear a lot and don't produce fruit or they allow it to be taken away from them because of some circumstance, how much more those who are demonized, who are being tormented? I heard one pastor say that the devil has faith. He based this on what you said that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God; the devil heard that Jesus said he will rise up on the third day; that's why he was keen on letting the Pharisees make sure Jesus' tomb was guarded so the disciples won't steal his body. Either way hearing the Word of God is important and it does have an effect on you. However I think like in the parable if it's planted in the right soil then you will receive a harvest. Don't know if I'm right... Just my thoughts....
:|

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:05 am

Godschild you are so very right in what you say here. and every one else has made some good points. The word of God is so very important in all we do here. Without it we have no power. Without it there is nothing that can be done. There's no quick fix that will last theres no long term fix that will sustain the test of time not withit the word of God.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:55 am

I will confess here that at one time my life was steeped in sin and I was steeped in torment. I lived with an emotional pain inside of me that was so thick I often felt I could cut it with a knife if it were a tangible thing. Depression was horrible and the fatigue from trying to live and trying to fight against it was just unspeakable. I lived a life of trying to escape into a haze of alcohol, drugs, sex, parties...you name it. When all of this stopped working and the hurt, anger, bitterness and fatigue took its toll I gave up and tried to commit suicide. I should have died, but Jesus holds the keys to death and that door was still (and still is) closed and locked to me.

I too was a victim. I was a victim of crimes perpetrated against me. I was a victim of a world that hated people like me only I could not understand why this was so at the time. Oh yes, I had been raised in church but stopped attending as soon as I began life out from under my parents' roof. I suffered various torments my entire life and even after my unsuccessful suicide attempt the oppression and depression and emotional torment I felt seemed unending. Finally, I landed in a church where the Word of God was taught in such a way that I could understand. I was almost 50 years old by then, but still hanging on to a lot of willful sin; i.e., answering to the cravings of my flesh.

As I sat up under the anointed teaching of an anointed pastor gradually I began to learn about faith and about simply speaking the Word of God into myself and my life in faith. My mind wanted to intellectualize everything I was learning and wanted to reason everything out. I wanted to understand but I just couldn't seem to understand how this all worked. My pastor would explain some things, then would say things like "Listen! Don't take my word for it. Read it for yourself. Then do it. Just do it." Very often he would say "Don't try to understand it, just do it." And I would get frustrated every time he would say "It takes time. It's a process." And now all these years later I have begun to understand.

An acorn falls from a tree. It lands on the ground and over a period of time it is absorbed into the earth. Once into the earth it breaks apart and does what it does, but eventually it grows into a tree. Eventually this tree grows into a mighty oak, tall and strong with a network of roots that extends (probably) miles down into the earth and extends over several hundred feet at least changing that area of earth forever. And then that one glorious oak produces thousands of acorns ~and probably tens of thousands over its lifetime, that will continue to produce even more trees just like itself.

This is how the Word of God works. I got free listening to the Word of God, doing what my pastor taught and what the Word said to do. I did receive deliverance ministry through Doortwelve and deliverance went smoothly and easily. But the foundation was already there. I had already been delivered and set free from much simply because of the action of the Living Word and the constant work of the cleansing Blood of Jesus.

Had I been bound up in the past? Yes! Had I been demonized in the past? Yes! But I am here to tell you that there is much that we are called upon to do ourselves that no deliverance minister can do for us. And reading the Bible and putting into the practice the principles set forth in the Word of God will cause a lot of bondages to be removed and it will cause a lot of yokes to be destroyed. Here is a truth: In the Old Testament the Israelites would build strongholds in the high places. Every time they turned away from God and got into sin they would build these strongholds in the high places and put idols there and worship the idols. After a time things would get bad and then things would go from bad to worse. The reason as we all know was because they turned their backs on God and began worshiping their idols in the strongholds that they had built in the high places. Eventually they would get themselves right with God and get rid of the idols and begin worshiping God as they were supposed to except for one thing. They would not go into the high places and tear down the strongholds. God called upon them to tear down their strongholds but they just wouldn't do it. God didn't do it for them. They had it within their own power to do it for themselves. Occasionally, they would get a leader who would send his priests and others into all of the high places to tear down all of the strongholds and when this was done the people prospered in ways they had not prospered in many, many years ~even generations.

What are the strongholds that you have set up in your high places that you are not tearing down? What sin are holding onto -unconfessed and secret (it is not secret from God)? What wrong beliefs, hurts, angers, unfrogiveness, bitterness, thoughts are you holding on to? Are you refusing to take a step out in faith because you just can't seem to understand how it works? Well, you don't need to understand how it works. Just do it. Suspend all human thought and reasoning and make a bold, quality decision to trust God and learn what the Word says and begin applying it to your life. Understanding will come later. Do what Peter did. Take a walk out onto the water in faith, and then if you think you are going to sink or drown, call out for the Lord. Immediately He will catch you. Don't be afraid to say to Him "Lord, I believe, Please help my unbelief". Don't be afraid to tell The Father that you know you are supposed to submit to Him, and perhaps you want to but you just do not know how because left up to you you just won't do it. It just is something you are not used to doing. He will help you.

God says you have authority over the devil. God says that if you resist the devil, the devil will flee. Well maybe it is not as simple as it seems, but then once you learn how it becomes simple. Ever hear the saying "Practice makes perfect"?

In His Love,
Godschild

landfire

Post by landfire » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:23 am

This is serious stuff!!! Read the Word, it has supernatural power! even spontaneous deliverance occurs while reading.

And DO, DO, DO the Word!!

Sanctification requires the OBEYING from our part. And unless we are committed to practice, deliverances are only temporary medicine. Holiness, holiness, holiness! i cannot stress it enough!!

Adrian Cooley

Post by Adrian Cooley » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:48 am

In Mark 16:16 JESUS says "He who has believed and has been immersed, shall be saved, but he who has not believed shall be condemned" if we look in the greek text the word used for saved is sozo. The definition for sozo is to save, i.e. deliver or protect, heal, preserve, to make whole. When we accept JESUS as our saviour, then we are saved and he has already done these things for us. We are delivered, healed , and made whole, but our unbelief keeps us sick. We have faith that our sins are forgiven when we are saved, but we don't seem to be able to believe we are healed. Read and study everything JESUS said and did when he healed the sick or cast out demons. He didn't have to do too much, he said your faith has healed you or your sins have been forgiven and it was done. He also told us we have the same power and authority that he does. We have the power of GOD in us. That is a gift, and we need to take that gift off the shelf and use it. Jesus set us free when he died on that cross, he also gave us victory over satan, HE IS ALREADY DEFEATED!! :clapping: The father said his people parish from the lack of knowledge. His word is knowledge get into it and study it. Know who he is. I have a great love for GOD, for what he has done for me and my family. I have a desire to eat his word and get it into my bones and i have a desire to share it with others. We are all his children and he loves every single one of us and wants us to return that love not just by loving him but loving each other. There are alot of good people here on this site and i am blessed by each one of you. If we live our lives according to the word of God we shut doors that the enemy uses to attack us. I'm not saying he will never attack again, but if we walk in the power and glory of GOD it's a whole lot easier to back him off and with the power and glory comes peace. Life is so much easier with him than without him. GOD BLESS i love all of you.
Psalm 91:4 He covers you with his feathers, and under his wings you take refuge; His truth is a shield and armour.

Pastor D

Post by Pastor D » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:06 am

Very true. The Word of GOD is our primary weapon against the devil and all of his demons. If we don't know what the word of GOD says then we are the one's in trouble. Because I guarantee the demons know the word of GOD they use them to mislead people all the time.
Pastor Darren & Cassie
Crimson Flow Ministries