dinosaurs

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

rosie

dinosaurs

Post by rosie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:39 pm

why are there no dinosuars mentioned in the bible? if there is, where cani find it?
thanks

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Rosie this answer opens up a huge discussion and if you any questions just ask. There were no dinosaurs in biblical times. The time between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 is a time that is without measure. It could have been millions of years there is no telling. During this time is when Lucifer had his fall from grace along with the angels that followed after him.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

Daughter

Post by Daughter » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:29 am

Dear Rose,
This is a very HARD question and a lot of very learned Bible Scholars debate this very thing!

The word "dinosaur" is not found in the Bible. In fact, this word dinosaur did not exist until the 1800's............Some people believe the animal mentioned in Job chapter 40, verse 15 is a dino............

15 “Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.

16 See now, his strength is in his hips,
And his power is in his stomach muscles.

17 He moves his tail like a cedar;
The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.

18 His bones are like beams of bronze,
His ribs like bars of iron.

19 He is the first of the ways of God;
Only He who made him can bring near His sword.

20 Surely the mountains yield food for him,
And all the beasts of the field play there.

21 He lies under the lotus trees,
In a covert of reeds and marsh.

22 The lotus trees cover him with their shade;
The willows by the brook surround him.

23 Indeed the river may rage,
Yet he is not disturbed;
He is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth,

This is CERTAINLY a big animal desribed here. But like I said, no one really knows for sure...........and there are lots of different theories out there you can research online..................

But the important thing to know is this. God created all things. He cared for all things, and YOU ROSIE are the best part of His creation. When God made people he took extra time, care, and fashioned us with his own hands and breath. He did not create the rest of the world this way.
So while this is something to ponder..............TAKE HEART dear Rosie
YOU are VERY LOVED BY GOD!

((((squishes)))))

:-D
A Daughter of the King

" .....Therefore He does much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, according to HIS POWER working in US!"
Ephesians 3:20
:)

NicExner

Post by NicExner » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:15 am

Well, there are answers. Not from me, but God will give you light. If I can share something, I had a friend from South Korea when I believed. He was asked about dinosaurs, and replied, "I don;t know, but I'll ask my Father in heaven one day when I see Him." That's ultimately the right route to take, seek the Father to explain it, but you don't have to wait till you've left this life to get answers to present problems. I say its a present problem because it is a problem to people. Anything that hampers, hinders, challenges, distorts etc. your faith is a problem. God wants us to grow in faith, and the knowledge of the Lord Jesus. I missed that and spent too much time studying issues like this, but my Father rescued me from that. When I started university, my faith was shaken badly. At the time I was struggling spiritually. I had turned my back on spiritual gifts because of bad teaching. I followed a popular "theological" position that spiritual gifts were only for the apostles, and that they are long gone, and that God doesn't heal (but you must still pray? doesn't make sense!), that basically the spiritual aspect of life didn't really exist, it was only to be debated etc. Let me say that I got into this position of unbelief due to disappointment. I was badly afflicted by evil spirits after I had used drugs in 1998. The following year, on a kibbutz in Israel, I read John's gospel and believed on the Lord Jesus to make me right with God. It was such a great time! But it was a time of oppression too, very bad oppression. No one seemed to understand, and eventually someone tried to deal with it, but I got worse. The problem was that MY FAITH was not built in that area. It was more of a "maybe it will, maybe it won't" kinda of thing. I had no conviction that God would heal me, because I din't know Scripture. I knew I was being afflicted by evil spirits, I absolutely knew that. I wasn't delivered, and in disappointment I turned my back on spiritual gifts and deliverance, healing, etc. It went downhill from there, I can say. I became cold and more academic, living in my head, more religious really. A walked in a religious spirit condemning others, etc, but God set me free, using the truth! He showed me the truth about my affliction, my heart, and the solution, that the Lord Jesus Christ took all my mess long ago already, and that He loves me and wants to heal me. So I now write these things to encourage you. You don't need to ignore something that bothers you. Some people say "just believe," but that's blind faith, no scripture to base the "faith" on. That's why I wasn't healed, unbelief. Same thing applies with other areas of our lives. We don't need to ignore things that God will help us with, give us answers to. Our faith is based on God's Word, "faith comes by hearing the Word of God." So do the same with dinosaurs! I think they are in the Bible. They don't have to be faith damagers! I went to university, and was so shaken, The people there were so hostile to the Bible. Not just ignorant of it, but openly hostile, students, lecturers, etc. Its part of the culture. And the Bible and God are looked upon as fables. This is the world at its "best" apparently. In a place like that, academic answers are ok (and there are answers to loads of things! God has given wisdom to many men and women to answer the neat-sounding lies of the academic world.) But in the pool of unbelief we really need God to reveal Himself to people, to manifest His power, as He's more than a theory or topic to be debated. Ultimately, those people need to be reconciled to Him, just like everyone else (that I wrote for myself!). If our faith is weak then its even more important to answer the attacks. I believe that if you want to see some of the strongholds against the faith, you just need to attend a university for a year. Its like a concentrated dose of all the world's lost-ness, in many cases. I'm not saying the people are bad, just that the academic (scientific) culture is anti-God, anit-Jesus, anti-Bible at its core. After all, how many times have you heard people seperate science and faith, as if the two are mutually exclusive? Its as if faith deals with unreal things, science seals with the real world. That is a perception (a false one) that the devil has worked out powerfully, in the media, in the schools, governments, etc. Science is the new saviour of the day! But faith and science go together. Science deals with the material world only (but they love to comment about the spiritual!) and faith deals with material and spiritual. Which one sounds better, fuller? The "problem" with science is that at its foundation its an attempt to explain all PHYSICAL experiences (phenomena), but the world is not just physical. That's why science has to compete against the spiritual aspect of life, to take it out of the way so that it can rule. Science itself is great, but its got rules. Number one rule is "Only physical things exist." So that's the basic problem. God isn't physical, spirits aren't physical, love, etc. But science is seen as THE solution to everything, real life solutions, that work. Like medicine. If you tell a sick unbelieving person, "Hey I'll pray for you," they might think that's nice of you, but that they need something REAL, so they go to the doctor for medicine (and side-effects). The worldview today is that only the physical world exists. Ours is that God exists and we take it from there. Dinosaurs are a perfect example. "Science" explains them according to material things, without God, etc. A timescale is drawn up that fits their worldview, their religion really. The Bible is very different to that though. The academic world has it wrong, but that's because they aren't walking in the light, but in darkness of their own minds, making up stories to try to explain the world, AND explain away God, guilt, sin, etc. And ultimately the devil is behind all that confusion. Anyway, back to the dinosaurs....

Its true, the word dinosaur only arose in the first half of the 1800s, before that they were known as "dragons." Stories through history had lots of dragons, not the fire breathing ones primarily, as we think today from the media. That's why its hard to make the connection, because of current thinking affecting our interpretation of things.

The old English Bibles speak about dragons, modern translations I think have tended to avoid the use of the word dragon because of its association: its assumed that what we know as "dragons" aren't really real, etc, just myths.

So the question you want answered is, "what are the dragons in scripture?"
In the OT, the Hebrew word stands for sea monsters (not fish!), great serpents, serpents, and very large creatures. Translators who don't think these can mean animals different from what we see today just translate them as "whales, jackals," whatever.
In the NT, it symbolises a great (large) serpent, it is a picture of the Adversary, whom the Lord Jesus has victory over. The picture is of a violent, large creature.

The question is, what happened to those animals? Didn't God create all the animals in the beginning, on their respective days? Well, if you want to take the view of people who cannot accept the Bible, then the universe created itself 20 000 000 000 years ago (that's quite a lot I think), from nothing of course, organised itself slowly over time because God apparently can do it quickly so to keep God out chemicals have to do it all themselves, and this apparently needs as much time as possible. The guesses at the age of the earth and universe have increased over time, as people realised that they needed more time for matter to do the impossible: create itself spontaneously, organise itself into various chemicals, establish physical laws to run itself, make planets and stars and the earth just because, create life from non-life, and make living things change into other animals, eventually getting people who are so smart that they have figured it all out. At least that's how the story goes. The earth would have just formed, all these accidents you know, and that's 4 000 000 000 years ago, and the dinosaurs came from non-dinosaurs and died off a long time before people came from non-people. In fact some scientists think dinosaurs turned into birds, pigeons, etc! Talk about downhill! Anyway, that's what the world tends to believe. They also believe that the world made itself, matter is all there is (unless its something other than the true God and Jesus! anything else is acceptable it seems), God doesn't matter, sin doesn't exist because the universe made itself without God, death isn't an enemy, etc etc etc. Its faith destroying stuff. But God says He made it all, the universe, the stars, so many of them, the earth, the animals, people. We all know in our heart that that is true, and our eyes are open to the truth, that He made it. He says people are totally unwise if they say He didn't make it doesn't exist. Evolution doesn't glorify God. It glorifies itself, and gives an excuse to claim that God doesn't exist. This is the world's wisdom, and its foolishness. The fruit of evolution is death, in fact, death is the driving force behind it. God's creation is driven by life, Him giving life.

I've written WAY TOO MUCH, sorry about that. Check an online video that might help you out. Just know that the people who host it, I think, deny spiritual gifts, demonic oppression, etc. More of the "theological," academic type Christians that are often hostile to spiritual gifts (and they base it all on reasoning, and only 1 verse of Scripture that doesn't support the anti-spiritual gifts teaching! But that's another story for another page).

Please let me know what you think.
Last edited by NicExner on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
He whom the Son sets free shall be free indeed

demoncasterouter
Moderator Staff

Post by demoncasterouter » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:29 am

Hello NicExner,

Welcome to the forum! I had to remove your link as forum rules do not allow outside links.

Again, welcome! And be blessed! :wave:
"And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." THIS is what I was born to do.

Daughter

Post by Daughter » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi NicExner!

Welcome!

That was a nice post.
I think you are certainly on to something there.
I too, have been one of these people who could not always "understand" or logically reason stuff out. So it made me doubt eveything!
We get really busy chasing small issues that distract us from what is really important.

But honestly, we don't have to take someones word for it.
In fact we shouldn't.
That is not faith. Faith is taking all our doubts and questions to God, asking Him to help us, and being open to His scripture.
God made us. He made all living creatures, but we are special in His eyes. We are the best thing he made :) He made us to be one with Him.
And I think, other than that...........
We really don't need all the answers right away.
We can trust His Word to give us what we need, when we need it!
8)
A Daughter of the King

" .....Therefore He does much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, according to HIS POWER working in US!"
Ephesians 3:20
:)

NicExner

Post by NicExner » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:06 am

Thanks for that. You're right about us being the most special thing in creation.
I've wasted too much time on this sort of stuff already, and missed out on getting to know people, care for them, etc. It's one of my weaknesses that God is busy with. I used to believe a lie that if I read more and more man-written stuff I'd be able to help people. And the things I read never helped anyone, especially not me. It didn't bring anyone closer to God, reveal some light for someone, bring freedom in an area of their life, it just led to debate and time wasting. Like those Greeks who just wanted to hear new things all the time. Paul could have wasted his days talking about whatever irrelevant issues with them. This world and people's lives are sinking ships.
And does it matter what colour the dinosaur (or topic!) is when the ship is sinking?! :help:
He whom the Son sets free shall be free indeed