Anybody here know Hebrew??

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Robert L

Anybody here know Hebrew??

Post by Robert L » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:05 am

When I first received my prayer language as a young boy, it came as two words, "Ma-sha-na Mah-she-ia" (I have no idea how to spell those words)... and today I just heard a Hebrew song use one of those words.

I'm wondering if my prayer language isn't Hebrew??

Does anybody know if those two words are in the Hebrew language? And if so, what they might mean?

I'm curious! O:-)
Robert
Religion brings outward conformity; relationship transforms the heart.
It was the religious folks who hated and murdered the Son of God.
Is it not rightly said that religion is Satan's version of Christianity?

student

Post by student » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:15 am

I know a little bit of Hebrew but not those words. Try typing them into google search. You might find them. Hope that helps.
John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:40 am

I do not know Hebrew either. Did you try looking them up in Strong's in the Hebrew Dictionary? You may find them there or something that sounds like that. The Holy Spirit will quicken in you when you reach the right words.

Interestingly enough, one time when my husband was listening to me pray in my prayer language, he said that I sound like I speaking Hebrew. Was it here that I heard the story of a man in Africa who did not speak English but when he received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the Gift of Speaking in tongues he spoke in English? The person who helped him to receive the Holy Spirit waled by his house one day and heard him speaking English. He was praying. But he didn't speak or understand a word of English! I thought this was amazing.

Godschild :wave:
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Daughter

Post by Daughter » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:06 am

Doesn't the book of Acts talking about the disciples speaking in all the languages of the world?

I think that mashia is the hebrew form of messaih . . . .annointed one.
But I am no expert . . . . .
A Daughter of the King

" .....Therefore He does much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, according to HIS POWER working in US!"
Ephesians 3:20
:)

Elshevia

Post Topic.

Post by Elshevia » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:23 am

Dear Robert, I took a course in Hebrew, for nearly 2 years. and I do not recognise the words as you have written them but I have broken the words down and here is what I came up with.

Mah= means What, Or Name. She = means hee. Sha is short for Shaul

ai, I cannot find anything to match it But again there are so many words that mean the same for example a. or an, has seven different meanings
sorry I can not be of more help, God bless Elshevia,
God so loved the World that he gave His only Son.

cherokeehippie

Post by cherokeehippie » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 am

Mah-she-ia..could be moshiya--Savior! Deliverer!!

Robert L

Post by Robert L » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:00 pm

cherokeehippie wrote:Mah-she-ia..could be moshiya--Savior! Deliverer!!
Wow!!! Moshiya looks right!! :clapping:

THANK YOU all for your input!
Religion brings outward conformity; relationship transforms the heart.
It was the religious folks who hated and murdered the Son of God.
Is it not rightly said that religion is Satan's version of Christianity?

gabby247771

hi

Post by gabby247771 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi!
I always was taught a prayer language is just an unknown special language betwwen you and God,,like it is not really any certain language,,the reason I say this,,is because I know someone that sounds like an indian during prayer time,,and during deliverance found this person had a heritage of Indian nature,,and it was an ancesteral thing more so then prayer language..because after he recieved the baptism of the Holy Spirit it stopped,..
I was just wondering,,

ty
because during prayer,,Ill speak German,,French,.,Indian and other native tounge but have no idea what I am saying,,then there are times I speak in a true Holy Spitrit tounge,,,I just want to be sure it is of God,,nothing else,,how do you know???

Ty!
Have a Blessed Day! for it is Written: I will never leave you, nor forsake you!

Live for God Destroy the pricipalities of Darkeness!!!!

AriBunny

Post by AriBunny » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:33 am

You don't know, but... if you're concerned about it, then you can always ask God to not let anything out of your mouth during the tongues that isn't of Him.

=]
w00t.